How to Send a Message to All Your LinkedIn ContactsJun 21st, 2011 | By Jerseycoach | Category: Social Media
LinkedIn hates spam as much as you do. That’s why they made it impossible for you to send a single bulk message to all of your contacts. However you can use the program’s tag function to accomplish the same task. Here’s how: Create groups of contacts (50 individuals or less) and send a mailing to each.
- In the left column of your contacts page, just below the title “All Connections,” click the “Manage” link.
- In the field box, enter the name of your first group.
- Hit “Finished.”
- Repeat steps one through four until you have all your groups created.
- Click on a contact’s name in your list of contacts.
- When their contact info appears in the right column, click the link labeled “edit tags.”
- Click the groups you want to assign to that contact (contacts can belong to multiple groups).
- Hit “save.”
- Click a new contact and repeat steps six through eight until you have assigned everyone to a group.
- To initiate a mailing, click the name of a group in the left column.
- Hit the “send message” link (this will only work for groups of 50 of less).
- Pen your message and hit send.
- Click your next group and repeat steps 11 and 12.
While it takes time to assign all your contacts to lists, the hard work is already done when you need to send your second all-points-bulletin. Just remember, keep your mass mailings to a minimum. Otherwise, your contacts may label you a spammer and remove you from their list.